COVID-19 Latest Update 5/14/2020
Today we re-opened our clinic doors to resume treating our valued patients in-person. Physical therapists are considered essential critical workforce, especially in managing musculoskeletal and neurodegenerative conditions. We feel it is now time to offer in-person visits for those particularly in need of hands-on manual therapy and more dynamic instruction in therapeutic exercise and neuromuscular re-education.
Our top priority is the safety and well-being of everyone, so we hope to provide the best possible services to our patients & community.
In compliance with the CDC, we will implement specific measures for reducing the spread of infection of COVID-19. We are instituting a simple screening process for all patients and therapists.
- We will schedule each patient by appointment only, with less than 2 people at a time in the waiting room (chairs are 6 feet apart).
- We ask that patients coming in have only 1 caregiver with them. We are also recommending that patients do not bring children under their care with them.
- We are requiring that you complete and sign a COVID-19 Informed Consent to Treat form upon arrival.
- We are taking temperatures of all patients and employees with a contactless infrared forehead thermometer upon arrival. Anyone exhibiting a fever of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or more will be asked to reschedule until they are fever-free for 3 days.
- We are requiring therapists and patients to wear masks while in the office. Please bring your own mask, but in the event that you forget, we can provide a disposable mask.
- We ask that if you or a household family member is experiencing flu-like symptoms, to please reschedule your appointments.
Veronica will continue to provide patient care Monday through Friday via Telehealth for those who are unable to attend in-person, and begin to see patients in the clinic as well.
Ann will be providing in-person visits only, on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30am-12:30pm.
All appointments must be scheduled in advance on the website or via email.
Group Pilates and Medical Therapeutic Yoga classes will continue online via Zoom until further notice (likely this summer) and at that time, I will offer a hybrid class where the live class will also connect with Zoom participants if they are unable to attend in-person.
We look forward to seeing you again soon and hope to assist you well on your health journey!
With Warmest Regards,
Veronica and Ann
At Veronica Whetsel Integrative Physical Therapy in Annapolis, Maryland, our mission is to help you live your life with more freedom to move, think, breathe and do the things you love…pain-free, lessening the need for medications and surgery.
Using a Functional and Lifestyle Medicine approach, we can help you live life to the fullest by equipping you with the knowledge and tools necessary to reveal your body’s own powerful healing potential. This involves authentic conversations, compassionate care, encouragement and whole-body movement to promote self-advocacy and self-care.
Subscribe to receive articles informing you about the latest holistic health advice on wellness medicine that will help address some of the most common ailments seen today, such as chronic inflammation, myofascial pain and anxiety.
Check out our Therapeutic Yoga and Pilates workouts, self-care techniques and explore Playlists from some of the best holistic practitioners out there who care about you and your health.
With 1-on-1 sessions in Physical Therapy, Medical Therapeutic Yoga or Pilates education, we will create a solid plan to get you on the right path towards natural healing.
Come and experience a dynamic and energetic MTY & Pilates group class and connect with your community!